If you’ve been thinking about getting a special piece of art created of our special furry friend and beloved family member…here’s why SCRATCHBOARD should be your medium of choice.
1. It is RARE and UNIQUE | Though it is an ancient art form, scratchboard is relatively unknown within the art community and general public. Your piece will truly be ONE-OF-A-KIND!
→ There are scratchboard artists spread across the globe, but compared to artists practicing in other mediums, there are very few of us around. I have yet to see another professional scratchboard artists’ work in person.
2. HIGH CONTRAST black and white | Scratchboard has a thin black India ink layered over white compressed clay. The brilliant light and highlights are achieved by the juxtaposition of stark jet black and vibrant white.
3. HYPER-DETAILED | Scratchboard is the ideal medium for capturing every detail of your pet’s fur, scales, or feathers. Minute details are created by fine tools, multiple scratching techniques, value creation by layering scratches, and individual scratches versus overall form.
4. PHOTO-REALISTIC | Along with being rich in detail, your custom pet portrait will be photo realistic. Your reference image quality is key to achieving the greatest likeness to your pet.
5. DURABLE and VERSATILE in your home | Sprayed with an archival varnish that protects them from UV damage, dirt, dust, moisture, and minor scratches, scratchboards can be displayed on their own on an easel or in frames without glass. (Premium gallery quality glass can be used to eliminate glare and retain the original quality of the artwork.)
Scratchboard | The Two-Dimensional Medium with a Three-Dimensional Feel
I’ve had pets my whole life, so I know how much you love your furry friend! A custom piece of scratchboard art is a truly special way to celebrate the hold they have on your heart. The process is simple and you’ll always have a piece of them with you, even after they go!
>Find a reference image (the higher the quality of the reference, the truer the artwork will be to your pet)*
>Email me with your selected images for an initial consultation to discuss the quality of your images and if they will be the best fit for a scratchboard portrait.
>Review the sizing options
>After approval of your reference image, an invoice for a 50% installment will be sent to you.
* High resolution photos that are taken in good light and in focus are best for achieving the highest quality artwork. Please visit the Commissions page for detailed instructions about selecting your reference image.